Kaitlin is a fiction writer, poet, editor, and writing coach with a background in secondary and post-secondary education.
She began her career in communications as an intern in the literary affairs office at Paramount Pictures before working in circulation and editing for DALBAR, Inc. in the financial services industry. She moved on to book publishing and publicity at W.W. Norton, Inc. before pursuing her graduate degree in education.
She has taught writing and literature in a variety of environments including public and private secondary schools, an incarceration facility, a DoDDs school in Japan, a GED and employment program for teen mothers, and an afterschool program supporting youth in and near Washington, DC. She has also taught post-secondary writing at American University, SUNY Buffalo, Union County College, and the University of Tampa.
Kaitlin is experienced writing for leaders in public service and other fields, beginning with her work at the DC Public Schools for leaders in public education. Since then Kaitlin's clients have included the RI Department of Education and various education organizations, as well as new and established authors working on memoirs, novels, and doctoral theses.
Kaitlin holds a bachelor's degree in Psychology from Columbia University and a master's in Secondary English Education from the New York University Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development. She lives outside of Tampa, Florida.
Publications and Awards
* "Discernment" (poetry): Odet Journal, Vol 4, October 2020
* "Rescue" (fiction): The Peauxdunque Review (Fiction finalist in the 2019 Words and Music Writing Competition, Summer 2020)
Reading at the One Book One New Orleans Words and Music Writing Conference, Peauxdunque Review's Celebration of Issues 3 & 4 ("Rescue" Excerpt at min. 54:12)
* "Academic Debate" (poetry), Ocotillo Review, Kallisto Gaia Press (Summer 2020)
* "The Clear Air of Elsewhere" (fiction), Epiphany: a Literary Journal (Spring/Summer 2020, The Borders Issue)
* Fiction finalist in the 2018 International Literary Awards for fiction, Salem College Center for Women Writers
* Honorable Mention for poetry ("Fountain of Youth, St. Augustine") in the Words and Music Writing Competition of the Peauxdunque Review (Fall 2019)
* 2nd Place Winner, Romeo Lemay Writing Contest, for "Heat" (fiction), Odet Literary Journal, February 2017
* Teachers Made All The Difference, Barrington Times, July 11, 2011
* Outlook, Post-Pentagon Depression (A Post 9-11 Runner Reflection) [archived]
* Condé Nast Traveler, Deals of the Month, Lake Winnipesaukee, NH (January 2001, Archives)